Productive, Not Busy
Not busy, but productive. That's the goal.
To be busy is to be occupied and full of activity, while being productive yields results or benefits.
Being busy can wear you out to empty. Being productive can fill you up to overflowing.
As we go through the hustle and bustle of life, my goal is to live in a manner that allows me to get the desired outcome without wearing me down. This is why self-care is so important. Taking time to be kind to yourself will enable you to refocus and refuel, so you're working smarter and not necessarily harder.
I was asked this weekend what I do for self-care. I responded that the most common things I do for self-care are to enjoy a cup of tea, read a book, and rest. I try to listen to my body and try to give it what it needs.
This is one of the reasons I started Grace & Gratitude. I wanted it to be a place where you would be encouraged to take a moment for you. Take a moment to focus on productivity instead of busyness. Take a moment to listen to your body and treat it well.
Here are a few tips on how to be productive, not busy:
- Don't focus on getting everything right. Focus on getting the right things right.
- Prioritize what’s important.
- Learn how to say “no” to the things that don’t matter.
- Create a schedule and stick with it.
- Do the work you like the least first.
- Focus on one project at a time. Instead of multitasking, hyper-focus on a single task.
What are some things you do for self-care?
How do you refocus and refuel?
What are some productivity tips?